Thursday, January 12, 2023

A Slide Box and a Freebie

Hello!

I've wanted to make a slotted box with a bunch of slides, and I think it worked well!


Now, I am thinking of making a pretty little filmoscope. The "films" can actually be taken out of each frame and replaced/rotated. 

A die that I used for making the slides is the one by Tim Holtz from the set called "Specimen" (#665930).  For creating 20 slides, I needed 60 slide halves with the window.

The box was made with the medium weight chipboard.







Here are the measurements for the box's parts:
The base: 
2 3/8" X 4 5/8" (2 pc)
2 3/8" X 2 1/4" (2 pc)
2 1/4" X 4 3/4" (1 pc)
The lid:
2 3/8" X 4 7/8 (1 pc)
2 3/8" X 1.5" (2 pc)
5" X 1.5" (2 pc)

I have also created a journal that you can see on the pictures below. I haven't taken any photos of the inside pages yet, but I will do it later :)





I don't think that there will be a tutorial on creating the box, cutting tiny 1/8" X 2 1/4" pieces of chipboard for the slots was quite a tedious task and I am not sure that anyone will want to repeat that. There are 44 of them in the box. Phew!!!


If you want to create the slides though, and you'd like to use the images of the "films" and the side labels, like the ones that I have, you are welcome to use a freebie that I have for you. In this blog post you can only find a preview of them, but a hi-res download is available in my Ko-Fi here. You can find my previous freebies there as well. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog and have a wonderful day!


1 comment:

Thank you for the kind comments!