Monday, July 30, 2018

A Couple Of My Sewing Projects

Hello!

Stopping by the blog today to share a couple of the sewing projects that I've finished lately, which incorporate cross stitched designs as well.

The first is a needle pillow of a hexagon shape and a design by Veronique Enginger from the "Creation Point De Croix" magazine July-August 2011.
The inspiration for the shape came from a tutorial that I've found on You Tube.

   

There are 3 additional designs in this series and I hope that one day I'll cross stitch them too.


Here is a process shot of the fabric pieces that I used to put the needle pillow together:


The second is a scissors' case, which was created based on the tutorial from @larissa.cernovskaja account on Instagram. You can view the results by other crafters who took part in the joint project for creating the case according to one of the hash tags:
#шьём_чехол_для_ножниц_итоги
  
Mine looks like this:





The cross stitched design is also by Veronique Enginger and is taken from the magazine called Les Brodeuses Parisiennes "La grande histoire de l'ouvrage". I was lucky enough to find and purchase it on Ebay.


These are my current sewing adventures and I hope you like the results as much as I do :)

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. How adorable. I used to cross stitch but at 55 my eyes won't work well any more. I tried to do a cross stitch for my granddaughter but gave up after a month of trying to see the holes. Love your projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beth! I know what you mean about "trying to see the holes" :)) There are those lamps with the magnifying glass that might be useful.

      Delete

Thank you for the kind comments!