Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Cartonnage - Trinket Purse

Hello everyone!
 
I have always liked to incorporate fabric in my projects (at least whenever I can), but today I want to share with you a trinket purse which I made completely from scratch and it is all covered with fabric (in the best traditions of cartonnage) :)))
 


 

I've added a shker on the top lid, but it turned out not exactly the way I planned. Anyway, I will of course learn from my mistakes.

 
 

The picture in the shaker window is directional (I will not do that any more), since something looks wrong once the purse is kept in a standing position :)
 
Here are some of the close-ups of the details:
 


 
And here is how the inside looks like:
 
 
I've just realized, that I haven't been using my personal watermark on the pictures of a project for a long time, since almost all of them were made for a certain design team, unlike this purse, which was created just for fun, to learn and explore new things and new materials.
 
I hope you like it.
 
Have a great day!

 


14 comments:

  1. unique and stunning as usual!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Александра, это волшебство какое-то!!!!)))полнейший восторг!!!)))и сумочка, и коробочка, и шейкер!!!))) браво!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Саша, вот это да! Удивительно, с нуля такая красота! Про картинку в шейкере я долго не могла понять - настолько все идеально смотрится :)))) Ты талантище!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute: I can also see it using paper covered with chipboard, too. Thanks for sharing. Love all the unique hardware for this project: AliExpress? Where oh where did u get that "handmade" metal plaque? So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi. Indeed all the metal pices including the plaque are from AliExpress :)

      Delete
    2. Hi. Indeed all the metal pices including the plaque are from AliExpress :)

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous and would be an awesome gift to give someone. Particularly love the fabric that you have used.

    Is there any chance that you will be making a tutorial to sell for this project? Would love to buy it.

    Cheers
    Trina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trina. I am still practicing the technique of covering chipboard with fabric. Once I master it better, I will think about making a tutorial. ;)

      Delete
    2. Hi Trina. I am still practicing the technique of covering chipboard with fabric. Once I master it better, I will think about making a tutorial. ;)

      Delete
  6. Lovely!! Thank you for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW!! You left me lost for words!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!