Wednesday, August 7, 2013

A Baby Girl Mini Album In A Box

Hello friends!

I'm totally into making mini albums right now! It's so fun! So today I have one more mini to show you.
This time it's a boxed one. As a matter of fact, it all started with the box I bought a couple of months ago, it was a plain white box, with a magnetic closure on the lid and it came in a package like this:


The mini album I was planning to make had to be sent abroad, so this box caught my eye and I decided to match the size of the mini to the box's measurements.

Here's the result:


The covers of the album are 5" X 5", and the pages are slightly smaller. It perfectly fits the box.








The cutouts I used here were in my stash for a while and they are by Kaisercraft - Bundle of Joy - Girl. Rest of the papers are from a 6" X 6" pad by Dovercraft - Princess FairyTale.

Here are the close-ups from the front cover of the album:





As far as the box is not very thick and high, I had to make only 3 pages in the album. They surely have lots of flaps, and there are 2 pockets for tags and stuff on the front and back cover, but still... It's not a regular 6 pages album.



I made a pretty chunky insert for photos and placed it in the front pocket:


The insert has a magnetic closure which holds it together:



Here is how it looks on both sides when unfolded:



The first page of the album has a flip pocket for two tags:


On the back side of the flip pocket tags and tiny tickets may be tucked under the cut-out, which is not glued all the way down:


On the page itself, there are two more flaps:




The bottom flap has a belly band:


Each of the pages is a pocket and has an additional photo mat inside:


The second page:



The tiny tag comes out and there's a place for a little oval picture. The pearls prevent the tag from falling out:



The third page:






Despite the fact that there are only 3 pages, I made my best to leave plenty of room for lots of pictures. The binding will also allow that, because there's a 3/8" space between each page.

That's all!

Thank you so much for stopping by! Hope you'll have a wonderful day!


8 comments:

  1. Ох, Сашкин! Красотища то какая!!!!!
    Прям девочку захотелось и чтоб с таким альбомчиком :)
    Очень нра!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was never into minis, but I love all the ones you make.
    Beautiful and well thought to fit lots of info and photos.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexanda. Is really fantastic. I don´t know how you can make those little pieces of art. The papers with castle and princess had cautched me too. Elena F.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for my late commenting. Had a rather crazy week at work, not much blogging time :^(
    I am happy to visit your blog today, and oh my gosh another fantastic album I see here. It is so amazing what you come up with, all the pockets and folds, plus the way you fully incorporated the DPs into the design. It is indeed another superb creation.
    Hugs,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous mini! Super inspiring-hopefully, when the kids start school I'll have the time to make more, too! Keep them coming!
    Danielle:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. אין דברים כאלה!! מקסים ברמות על.
    כמה זמן לקח לך להכין את היופי הזה? הייתי מפחדת לשים תמונות שלא יהרוס :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Какая прекрасная идея!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!