Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Baby Card - "In the Bath" and a Mini Album

Update from the 29/06/2013 - this card was in TOP3 "Use Something Metal" Challenge.

Hello everybody!

In today's post I have to finished works to share - a card and a mini album.

Let's start with the card "For A Baby". I used a digital stamp by Mo's Digital Pencil - "In the Bath". The papers are from 6X6 Bo Bunny pad "Prairie Chic Collection".


When you don't know whether you are making a card for a boy or a girl. which color should you chose? :) I chose both blue and pink.
The top tag may be completely taken out and a personal sentiment may be written on it, there's plenty of space:


For coloring I used the following Copics:
Skin: E000, E00, E21, E11, R20
Hair: E18, E15, E13, E11
Bath: N3, N2, N1, N0
Bubbles: B02, B000, B0000
Bear: R85, R83, R81, R0000
Towel + Soap: W5, W3, W1



The inside:


The scalloped tag may be pulled out of its pocket:


The back:


I'm entering the card into these challnges:
1. Use something metal @ The Squirrel and the Fox
2. Make it sparkle @ Paper Creator's Crafts
3. Tags @ Robyn's Fetish  
4. Anything Goes @ There she goes
5. MIM 145 @ Make it Monday
6. One for the kids @ The Cutie Pie
7. Anything Goes @ Pollycraft Challenge

And now to the mini album. Actually I made it inspired by the series of tutorials by Xannero1. Here's the first part of the series called "How to make a mini album from start to finish". Though the binding is made different in my mini and I like it more this way. It seems to me less vulnerable.

The decoration of the album is very simple, only folded pages with patterened papers, acetate pockets, tags of different sizes, and several punched elements:


For the spine I made this cute and simple decoration:


From the sides the album looks like this:


It's impossible to show all the pages in the mini, there are 6 of them and each one has lots of folds and flaps, so I chose a couple of them to share:




I must say it's a great pleasure making mini albums, though it's very time- and paper- consuming :)

That will be it for today! :)


I'm glad and thankful that you are visiting my blog! See you soon!

15 comments:

  1. These are fabulous projects Alexandra. The card image is just adorable as are the embellishments. The album is a wonderful piece of work. You are a very talented lady.
    Hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Alexandra. Your colouring and layout is gorgeous. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexandra, these albums are fabulous and what a super keepsake. I love the baby in the bath image, it's so darned cute and love your colouring.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely creation !
    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Creator challenge !
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing project hun, so much detail. Hugs, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. הכרטיס מקסים, שילוב צבעים כלבבי.
    גם האלבום יפייפה, עבה ומושקע.
    כייף לראות את העבודות שלך.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! what a wonderful mini album. I am amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful... what amazing projects! I love all the details,and can see it must have taken AGES, but its so worth it!

    Thanks for joining in the pollycraft challenge!
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are absolutely gorgeous, beautiful card. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both the card and mini album are so creative and beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, these are both so fabulous! 'Awesomesauce' as my daughter would say! What wonderful, clever creations! Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Totally inspired by your amazing projects Alexandra. Your card has so much to savor and the baby book is fab. :) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, love the sweet image and design. Thanks for joining us at Pollycraft. Good Luck!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!