Friday, April 22, 2022

Sealing Wax Meets UV Resin - Tutorial + Freebie

Hello everyone!

While working on the specimen tags for my next nature themed journal, I decided to make wax charms and thought about a way of making them look a bit more interesting. I also had a UV Resin in my stash that I wanted to use along with the wax, so this seemed to be a great chance of trying something new. 
Here are the tags that I finally came up with:


I relly liked the bass dowel seals for creating the charms. They were perfect for this purpose. I got mine from Craspire:



The charms turned out awesome, with the UV Resin dome on top of them they look like cabochons. 




I filmed a video tutorial in which I share my creative process. I hope you find it helpful and inspiring :)
If you cannot play the video, please copy and paste the direct link into your browser - https://youtu.be/ifvwjY7yaa0


For those who want to use some of the images and elements that I used on my tags, I have a freebie below. Open the image in a new tab and click "Save As..."


I printed this sheet one time on cardstock and the second time on transparent sticker paper, so that I could use the butterflies and the bugs on top of the acetate in the tag window. 


Let me know what you think of this idea. Have fun creating!


10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Traci! And thanks for the comment, too!

      Delete
  2. Love all of your projects. Thanks for taking us along with you on your crafting journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! Thank you Teddi for the kind comment :)
      I hope you have a lovely day!

      Delete
  3. Thank you! for the freebie. I am definitely going to give the resin look a go. But using Glossy Accents. Hug A3. S.A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Adri! You are welcome :)
      I think it can work with glossy accents as well. Have fun!

      Delete
  4. What a great video and thanks so much for the freebie. I will have to look into making some of those charms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!