Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Use Something Metal

Hello my dear crafty friends!

Today I'm posting pictures of the tag which I made for the new challenge at the Israeli blog "Going out of Lines". The theme was "Use something metal". I've embellished my tag with two metal elements by Tim Holtz (a spinner from a set called METAL GAME SPINNERS and a pen nib from this set):


I covered the tag with Gesso and used a Crafter's Workshop stencil "Numbers". Then I added a little bit of color to it with Ranger Distress Stains (scattered straw, shaded lilac, dusty concord). After that I added just a bit of antique bronze & covered the edges with Viva Decor Crackle Paint. Then distressed the edges of the tag with the Vintage Photo and a bit of Walnut Stain.  Just to add more of the texture & shimmer I sprayed the whole tag with the Goosebumps. The stamp I used for the background is by Hero Arts "Old French Writing". The doily is by Dovercraft. I've also used the Tim Holtz die Styled Lables and embossed it with the  Cuttlebug "Kassies Brocade" embossing folder on Core'dinations cardstock, covered it with Distress Crackle paint Tattered Rose, and sanded with the Sanding Block.
The ribbons are colored with the Heidi Swapp Color Shines (Amethyst and Coral).
The feather is cut with the Tim Holtz die called "Writing Desk".





It was something VERY different from what I'm usually creating and I needed it for a slight change :)

Thanks for visiting me today!

4 comments:

  1. תג מקסים, כייף לראות אצלך מיקסד מדיה..

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful as everything you made. Happy new year to you too. Elena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful - such pretty colors on the tag and the embellies composition is great!
    Wishing You great holidays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed very different from what you usually create but it brings the same pleasure to the eye. I just love your tag and all the metal embelishments you put on it.
    Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!