Sunday, October 17, 2021

Vintage Style Card

Happy Sunday y'all!

This weekend I told my husband that I am so tired that I am physically unable to go out anywhere and entertain the kids. Of course, staying in for the whole weekend was like a dream (at least for me), but the kids wanted to do something (who doubted, right?!), so yesterday (on Saturday) we didn't have a choice but to take them out somewhere... Today, on the other hand, I insisted on not going out anywhere and had a relaxing day in my studio, just sorting through some of the supplies, scheduling a couple future posts on the blog, watching videos on You Tube and also having fun putting together a simple card in a vintage style.


Sweet Stella from Leo Mammy sent me some gorgeous chipboard and I was very itchy to use it on my projects. I have an additional post already scheduled for October 21, where I will share a couple more cards with the stunning botanical chipboard designs by the Leo Mammy brand, so stay tuned :)


Although there are so many ways in which you can alter the decorative chipboard, I tend to be a fan of a more "natural" look. For that reason I decided to color the chipboard pieces with the Vintage Photo Distress Stain and add some gilding wax along the edges. I think it tured out quite nice!


I also like the look of the label on the card; it is attached to the muslin ruffle with the help of the bulb pin:


The papers and the cutout elements that I used for creating this card are from the digital kits that I buy quite often these days and use them for making journals. Vintage style has always been my favorite. 


That's all from me for today. I hope you have had a nice Sunday too. Talk to you again tomorrow :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the kind comments!