Monday, May 4, 2020

My First Digital Collage + Freebies

Hello again!

This post will be the first of its kind on my blog, so please be patient with me :)

As some of you may know, I have been fond of junk journals for a certain time now and paid attention that sometimes you cannot find the proper scrapbooking papers to support a specific theme of a journal that you're working on. "But there are so many paper collections out there!" you'd probably say. Right! But something is missing in them, or on the contrary, sometimes there's too much  in them, sometimes they are too colorful, sometimes too bright.... In a nutshell - not exactly perfect (well, at least for me) :)

In such cases, I turn my attention to digital downloadable kits from different crafters. I adore the kits by Tracy Fox, for example. They are really cool and are mostly botanical themed.

Creating such digital kits takes time and effort, as well as of course, a certain knowledge of photo editing tools. As for the stocked images, you can either create (what you can) on your own, or use stocks from the Public Domain. 

The term “public domain” refers to creative materials that are not protected by intellectual property laws such as copyright, trademark, or patent laws. The public owns these works, not an individual author or artist.
With the time passing by, new material is falling under the Public Domain every year. For example, under U.S. law, works published any time in 1924 entered the public domain on January 1, 2020. This includes books, films, artworks, sheet music, and other concrete creative works.

Such materials can either be easy or difficult to find, but definitely possible. Anyhow, below you can have a look at my first ever digital collage sheet, featuring among the rest a gorgeous dragonfly from the public domain. You can download it for your personal use here.


In addition, I used the same collage on the envelopes which have been created from scratch by me, scanned first and then edited. You can download them  here.


You can also feel free to use some of the below PNG images that I have either created or modified:





 

Let me know what you think and let me know if you are one of the junk journal fans. 

Have a great day!


3 comments:

Thank you for the kind comments!