Friday, July 15, 2016

July Anything Goes Challenge @ I Am Roses

Hello!

The winner of the June Anything Goes Challenge was announced at the I Am Roses Challenge Blog and now it's time to start creating for the July 'Anything Goes' Challenge :)

I'm sharing my inspirational piece with you today and it's a mini album, on the cover of which I used a lot of the flowers:


Pink Cherry Blossoms
Soft Green Mini Lily Crafts Paper Flowers
Mixed All Turquoise Tone Mulberry Paper Flowers

I love how everything came up together. I think this is the most pastel project of mine :)




I also used the dies from the Russian company called "Fantasy", and the papers from the Ukrainian brand "Fabrika Dekoru". The paper line which I used is called "Vintage Romance" and the die cut embellishments inside the album are from the set called "Love letters". 

Here are some of the close-up pictures.  I used a wide lace for creating pockets on the inside of the front and back covers:


On the front cover I layered several papers from the "Vintage Romance" collection, and on the spine used the die-cuts from the "Love Letters":


The inside pages were created based on the tutorial from an American crafter Cathy Chapdelaine known as "So Much Scrap". I loved her "Precious Memories" mini and purchased the tutorial for building the pages. You can have a look at Kathy's works here:




I have a video flip-through for this album:


And finally, here are the rules for joining the I Am Roses challenge:

The challenge runs July 15th - August 8th (Ends 11:55pm PST)
Theme: "Anything Goes"
Minimum (2) I Am Roses Products
One project submission per participant
One winner will be chosen
Participants will upload their project to their blog or forum, Label it “July IAR Challenge”
Participants will add a direct link to their project using the InLinkz tool provided. (*if you are unable to use the tool, leave a comment to this blog post and leave a direct link to your project)
Must Subscribe/or be a Follower of the IAR Challenge Blog
Winner will be announced alongside the next NEW monthly challenge on the 15th

I hope you like the album and will join us for the challenge.


Thanks for stopping by!


Hugs,
Alexandra

4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty mini album, love the idea of lace for pockets! I too purchased a tutorial from Cathy, almost a year ago now, I have most of the pages completed,(I just need to get the time to finish the album now), so i know exactly how much work went into this, those pages are a labour of love! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!