Saturday, January 26, 2019

My Second Junk Journal

Hello everyone!

I am stopping by to share a junk journal that I created some time ago. This was a second journal of this style, the first one (or, more precise, its cover) can be seen here.

Anyway, the cover was created from scratch, the pages were all tea dyed. The design on the inside is pretty simple, as I wanted to have enough "clean" pages to write on. For the closure I used a strap of faux leather and a buckle.



On the inside front and back covers I made a horizontal pocket for various cards/receipts, etc.


Some of the inside pages have pockets too:


Some of the images that I printed for the journal were taken from Biodiversity Heritage Library on Flickr.

I also made a kraft envelope, which was stamped and embellished using 'Stampers Anonymous' stamps, and then sewn in between the pages.





The envelope at the picture below looks totally old, although it was created from a sheet of  tea dyed printing paper, which was distressed with "Vintage Photo" Distress Ink.


The wax seal on the back makes it look even more interesting:



I am still figuring out new technique for making the book covers and there are a number of things to improve every time. 

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Thank you for the kind comments!