Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Vintage Suitcase and Album - Tutorial Update

Hello dear readers!

I am beyond happy to be writing this post, as I've finished a tutorial for a project which I truly love and which I enjoyed creating (the previous time) with the "Sun Kissed" paper collection by 
Graphic 45. That same suitcase which I made headed to the Creativation 2018 Show and I do not have it any more. For that reason I just HAD to recreate it for myself, with the same exact measurements and layouts of the pages in the album. Also, I filmed a detailed video tutorial which is currently available for purchase.


You can get the tutorial by clicking on the PayPal button below. The e-mail with the tutorial links, chipboard cutting layouts and a list of the tools and supplies will be sent to you withing up to 6 hours after the purchase (it usually happens much faster, but bear in mind the time zone differences that might be between us). The cost of the tutorial is 15 USD.





You can also purchase a kit for creating the suitcase and an album from Photographs and Memories. The tutorial is included in the price of the kit. 

Let's have a closer look at the suitcase:



The paper that I used for creating the suitcase and the album is from Blue Fern and it is "an oldie but goodie" - "Seaside Cottage" from August 2016.



blue fern seaside cottage, vintage suitcase


The album which is store inside the suitcase has a beautiful curved spine with 4 base pocket style pages, with belly bands, flaps and pockets for the pictures, as well as more pockets on the inside covers.







Here is a better look of the front cover of the album:



I've used the following sea-themed dies from La-La Land Crafts to complete the suitcase and the album:

And of course, here is a video overview of the project, which will hopefully give you even a better idea of how it looks like and how it is built.



Thanks for stopping by and thanks for your continuous support!

11 comments:

  1. If i’d like to change the spine of of the mini-album, will it still fit in the luggage? Like example the normal spine which can hold 4 pages with lots of flaps and 3/4” hinges but same length and width of your album?

    I am really a fan of your and im planning to purchase this tutorial for my wedding.. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean! I suppose it will not be a problem as long as the dimnesions of the covers will be the same and the width of the spine will be up to 3.5 inches, the suitcase will close.

      Delete
    2. Great! thank you. i purchased this tutorial already,, i cant wait to make mine... much love!!

      Delete
  2. Both, the album and the suitcase are amazing, perfecyly made and beautifuly decorated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no words to describe how amazing this! Just big WOW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Getting this kind of comment from you Ola, is a WOW for ME! Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I just purchased this Suitcase & album tutorial and Love it. I can't wait to make one or more for friends and Family. Your work is amazing. I Look forward to seeing what else you design. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. where does one find canvas paper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I cannot be 100% sure, as I do not know where you are from :)
      If you are in US - you can find it at Michael's or Hobby Lobby paper sections.
      'Recollections' brand definitely has it.

      Delete
  6. I m from india ..will u be able to send me the kit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kind comments!