Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Sturdy Chipboard Matchbox Style Box Tutorial

Hello everyone!

My today's post is for the Fantasy Hobby Shop Design Team and I prepared an easy tutorial in which I am going to show how to construct a sturdy matchbox style box out of chipboard. The finished box measures 4 3/8" X 5.5" X 2 1/4".



The tutorial consists of two parts, one of which is for the basic construction of the box (and it is available for you to check out at SnapGuide), while the second part is for the embellishing (and may be found on my You Tube channel). You will find the video link at the bottom of this post.

Here are a few close-ups of the details:




I used the following dies from the Fantasy brand:





The SnapGuide of the first part of the tutorial is below, Note that the explanations in the tutorial are in Russian, but all the measurements are stated at the pictures and are self explanatory.

Check out How to DIY Chipboard Matchbox Style Box by Alexandra Morein on Snapguide.

And as I already mentioned here is the link to the second part of the tutorial on You Tube:


These boxes are very addictive. I made two and plan to do more with another paper collections.



Thanks for visiting me today!!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thanks for the tutorial xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous make, the box itself is a gift of its own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any chance that you could redo the first tutorial on youtube as the link provided above is no longer available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I am so sorry to have missed your comment.
      Unfortunately all of the SnapGuide site is gone.
      I can share the measurements of this box, but you will have to construct it on your own, since I don't think I will have a chance to refilm the tutorial soon.
      The drawer:
      3 7/8" X 5 3/8" (1 pc)
      1 3/4" X 5 3/8" (2 pc)
      1 3/4" X 4" (2 pc)
      The "sleeve":
      4 1/8" X 5.5" (2 pc)
      1 7/8" X 5.5" (2 pc)
      If you are not in a rush for making the box, in about a month I am going to post a tutorial for Vectoria Designs, and there will be a box of this kind, but a smaller size.
      You will be able to use the measurements that I gave you here, but follow the process of putting everything together from the tutorial.
      I hope this helps!
      Have a Happy New Year!

      Delete

Thank you for the kind comments!